A fellow Yello fan needs your help!

Talk of anything YELLO
Bjossi

A fellow Yello fan needs your help!

Postby Bjossi » Thu May 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Hello everyone. :)

I'm relatively new to Yello and only got three CDs of theirs; Claro Que Si, Stella and Baby. After listening to various songs from other albums on Youtube, I seriously want more of their albums, especially Eye, Zebra, Flag, Motion Picture and Pocket Universe. And of course the upcoming 2 CD album when it sees the daylight.

What I need help with is to find good deals for those albums from either eBay or Amazon (this is required because the person that helps me shop online only buys from those two, not sure why though). Basically what I'm looking for is an Amazon or eBay store that sells at least 2 of the above mentioned for relatively little and only charges shipping fee per cart rather than per item.

It would be plain unrealistic to think that a store exists out there that sells all of their albums for little ($15 or less) and only charges one shipping fee for the entire cart, so one has to make a few sacrifices.

So anyway, I was hoping any of you guys could help me find the best eBay/Amazon store(s) for buying those albums without the price tag going off the charts. I have done quite a bit of searching myself with no real luck so far, plus my experience with using these websites is very limited, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Though if there is a good non-eBay or Amazon store that accepts Visa or Eurocard (simple bank transaction would be the best though) for payment then by all means share, I might be able to get my dad to use his card, he's a big Yello fan as well. :p

Anyway, thanks in advance. :)

(and if you're curious, that list above is just the first step of many, I hope to some day buy singles and Yello's older albums as well)
zaz965

YELLO

Postby zaz965 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:21 am

hello Bjossi very pleasantly that you became admirer YELLO begin with the beginning with colletion.
Order on officfl saite YELLO, Motion Picture collection 12 prins will send certificate YELLO with personal autograph Dieter Meier Boris Blank, poster of Lightmaker with autograph Dieter Meier, and YELLO Pllo shirt. You will be always near to YELLO I to yourselves has ordered also it abruptly all have sent. Be the present fan. 8)
Sorry for my bad english
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Fri May 15, 2009 8:30 pm

How/Where do I access Yello's official store? Their website confuses the hell out of me. . .

Would be the coolest thing ever to get copies of their albums with autograph. ;)
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:18 am

hello Bjossi the autograph with albums YELLO to you it is simple ен will send on a site them is not present, and here (Motion Picture collection 12prins) (Poster of Lightmaker) (YELLO pollo shirt) will send without problems only it is necessary to order and autograph Boris Dieter will be at you 8)
Sorry for my bad english.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat May 16, 2009 9:24 am

I'm sorry, but I don't really know what you're saying in the first sentence. And what is "Motion Picture 12prins"?
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Mon May 18, 2009 3:02 am

hello Bjossi it is necessary to enter www.yello.ch to choose stuff-print, and order (USD | CHF | Euro
Motion Picture Collection
Portfolio of 12 prints 80 Euro
incl. Packaging and postage

Poster of Lightmaker
Poster 10 Euro
packaging and postage (economy A mail):
folded in envelope 4 Euro
rolled inside tube outside Switzerland 24 Euro

Yello Polo Shirt
Medium 40 Euro
Large 40 Euro
X-Large 40 Euro
packaging and postage:
for 1 shirt 6 Euro
for 2 shirts 12 Euro
for 3 to 5 shirts 16 Euro
for 6 and more shirts 24 Euro.) Preshljut the original and personal autograp. 8)
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Mon May 18, 2009 11:33 am

Ah, now I understand. This is not really what I'm looking for, I have no interest in merchandise, I just want the albums. Judging by the activity of these forums I probably won't get any eBay/Amazon advice so I guess I'm on my own.

Thank you for your replies though, I appreciate it. :)
Alex B

Postby Alex B » Mon May 18, 2009 4:54 pm

If Iceland were a part of EU and you could convince "that person" to purchase from CDON.COM you could get get everything you want from there. Here is a link to their Yello CDs:
http://cdon.eu/music/yello/

The Yello Albums you mentioned are € 8.95 each and they charge only one delivery per shipment.

I ordered my copy of the "The Eye" album from there a few years ago.

CDON.COM is a Swedish webshop with a very good reputation. They have dedicated web portals for Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and a global shop for EU.

I wonder if they could deliver to Iceland if you ask their customer service. Iceland and Sweden are both Nordic countries and delivering goods to Iceland should not be a problem for a Swedish company.

P.S.

You should add "One Second" and "You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess" to your shopping list. Especially One Second is a great album by all measures. You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess is a classic and every Yello fan should have it even though it may not be as sophisticated as the newer Yello albums. IMHO, it is better than Claro Que Si or Stella.

EDIT

Also amazon.de and amazon.co.uk have some very reasonable prices, but I don't know about their delivery policy:
amazon.de (artist=yello)
amazon.co.uk (artist=yello)

EDIT 2 fixed a typo
Last edited by Alex B on Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Woah, call me crazy but now I suddenly hope we will join EU soon. . .

I will definitely check out that website, and with those prices I can add 'One Second' and 'You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess' to my to-buy list without emptying my wallet. I'm pretty confident that they ship to Iceland, it would be strange if that wasn't the case considering we're both nordic countries and neighbors, pretty much.

Thank you very much for the suggestions, if that fails I will look into amazon.de/co.uk. :)

EDIT: EU only ships to EU countries and each portal only ships to the respective country. My only hope to shop there at this point is to ask my relatives in Denmark for a favor.

The things one has to do to buy a few CDs, shees.
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:19 am

Thank God all has dared.

Who searches that always will find 8)
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Tue May 19, 2009 11:47 am

I found an interesting website: www.cduniverse.com

International shipping, shipping charged per shipment rather than per item and very affordable prices. I would probably get away with paying less than 10,000 kr. if the toll nazis went easy on my package when it arrived.

It has a decent collection of Yello too, 4 of which are from my to-buy list: Flag, Eye, One Second & Pocket Universe. I think that would keep me happy while looking for Zebra, You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess and Motion Picture (the latter is very hard to find compared to the other albums).

The only (big) concern here is product availability. If I chose to wait for all items to arrive from their suppliers before they shipped out the package, the waiting time could become pretty damn long. . .
zaz965

Postby zaz965 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:47 am

hello Bjossi very much wide choice Vinyl, cd. www.discogs.com

Yello - Tied Up (12 ", Maxi)
Label: Mercury
Cat #: 872 367-1
Media Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)
Sleeve Condition: Very Good (VG)
Ships From: Germany
Comments: Made in DE; UID: 93314
View Release Page 12inch

100.0 % positive (331) €2.00

Details

Add to Cart
Yello - The Race (12 ")
Label: Fontana
Cat #: 870 330-1
Sleeve Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)
Comments: Made in DE; UID: 84396
View Release Page 12inch

100.0 % positive (331) €7.90

Details

Add to Cart
Yello - Lost Again (12 ", Maxi)
Label: Vertigo
Cat #: 814 611-1
Sleeve Condition: Very Good Plus (VG +)
Comments: Made in DE; UID: 96846
View Release Page 12inch

100.0 % positive (331) €9.00

Details

Add to Cart
Yello - Call It Love (12 ", Maxi)
Label: Vertigo
Cat #: 888 311-1
Sleeve Condition: Very Good Plus (VG +)
Comments: WOC/L; Made in DE; UID: 89427
View Release Page

TO SOLVE TO YOU 8)
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed May 20, 2009 5:47 am

Polyvinyl records are not an option here for various reasons, sorry.
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Wed May 20, 2009 7:22 am

HELLO Bjossi
Come www.motor.de type yello.
To choose any cd will enter www.amazon.de

I wish you much good lick ! 8)
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed May 20, 2009 1:28 pm

I've now ordered 6 of Yello's albums from www.play.com :
One Second, Zebra, The Eye, You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess, Pocket Universe and Flag.

Pocket Universe and Zebra were bought through PlayTrade though, Play didn't have those in stock locally. But at least they're in mint condition.

I think Yello should at some point sell their music online by download, and offer both lossy encoded versions (mp3 or ogg vorbis) and CD rips without any compression. It would save a lot of hassle for fans that live in an "out-of-the-way" country like I do. But of course it is fun to own the physical copies with the CD art and whatnot. :)

Assuming I get all 6 without any trouble and they all work, I only got Solid Pleasure, Motion Picture and the new 2 CD album left. Motion Picture is going to be a hard one to find cheap though, it is extremely rare, and that is compared to Yello's other albums.

Return to “General YELLO Talk”