Anyone have the new album yet?

Talk of anything YELLO
Cryptowen

Anyone have the new album yet?

Postby Cryptowen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Touch Yello came out today. I haven't heard it yet, of course (no cd shops in the area, & I doubt I'd find it this early in Canada outside of a bigger city), but surely those of you in Europe should be able to get ahold of it easily enough.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:08 pm

I would love to know if there is more of Dieter's vocals on this album than The Eye. It isn't necessarily a bad thing if that isn't the case, but the more Dieter, the better. 8)
Cryptowen

Postby Cryptowen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:08 pm

I wonder. I seem to remember reading that two of the tracks were instrumental, & of course Heidi Happy appears on a few (though I don't know if she solos on any). Actually, one of the track previews I listened to sounded sort of like Boris singing.
Private_eye

Postby Private_eye » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:37 am

Hi everybody, I have the new album. Bought it yesterday in Berlin. There are not many tracks with Dieter singing. These tracks are:

The expert
Out of dawn
Bostich (ofcourse)
Part love
Friday smile

Vocals by Boris on:
Tangier blue
Kiss in blue
Trackless deep

Heidi sings on:
You better hide
Kiss in blue
Stay
Part love (backing vocals)

Good to know that Beat Ash is back with percussions on You better hide, Part love and Stay.

I have already listened to the album twice, I like it. Engulf in Touch Yello.

And I am Peter from Drachten in The Netherlands. The virtual concert was an experience I could'nt miss.

Enjoy the album.

Regards Peter
Life is what you make it
Fat Dumb and Happy

Back In the United States?

Postby Fat Dumb and Happy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:07 am

So Im the kinda bloke who wants a origional hard copy of music to put in my collection. No one around this place is carrying Touch Yello...wth? I can't even find it online (except in MP format).
Also, does anyone know if the Magnificient Twins are planning to tour the United States?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:14 am

Give it some time, these are just the first few days after release. Though I find it hard to wait for a copy, very hard. :-/

And thanks for that list, private eye. Seems like Dieter only sings in 2 songs that I haven't heard from before. Not good but I still expect this album to be amazing. 8)
Cryptowen

Postby Cryptowen » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:15 am

I do like the fact that Boris has 3 songs. I think he sings quite well.
nwg

Postby nwg » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:19 am

I am waiting for what Amazon.de comes up with for the vinyl version. They do have the CD but it is expensive (around £20 to the UK). However, I will be happy to pay that for the vinyl.
Private_eye

Postby Private_eye » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:44 am

Hi Bjossi,

You're welcome, you were wondering what songs Dieter is singing, so I thought make a list.

Hope you receive your copy soon.

Regards Peter

Bjossi wrote:Give it some time, these are just the first few days after release. Though I find it hard to wait for a copy, very hard. :-/

And thanks for that list, private eye. Seems like Dieter only sings in 2 songs that I haven't heard from before. Not good but I still expect this album to be amazing. 8)
Life is what you make it
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:11 pm

I hope so too, but I doubt it will be soon, I predict next month containing the lucky day.
Ilya Petrov

Postby Ilya Petrov » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Today I went to HMV store in Vancouver they said it will take one month or so to have this album in this store. I don't want to wait one more month and I can't order from Amozon.de 'cause I don't know German. :?
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:02 pm

You could try the Google Translate service, it can translate websites on the fly.
Cobra

Postby Cobra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:15 am

Currently prowling the iTunes store each day awaiting the release and will probably bug the music request page every second day until I see it on my local iTunes store. Those in Germany are lucky enough to already have it in their store.
Sense

Postby Sense » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:39 am

Here at all Media Markt Stores in Berlin the CD costs 14,99 Euro
Fat Dumb and Happy

3 days post published release....

Postby Fat Dumb and Happy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:38 am

Arrrggg!!!
Ya know, I'm an American and I want, no I deserve this CD NOW!!
I post that somewhat tongue in cheek btw except the part about wanting the CD (digipak with DVD of concert preferred).
Most of the sites I have seen actually have release date as the 10th and not the 3rd.
I've contacted 4 stores and none of them even know who Yello is. Sad.
If it was a country artist singing about redneck blues I'll bet I'd be able to find it in a KMart...but nooooo.

Waiting very inpatiently.

Return to “General YELLO Talk”