Anyone have the new album yet?

Talk of anything YELLO
pslock

Postby pslock » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 am

I have it. Been a long time coming.
Here's my mini-review:
It's a good album, but it's hard to really classify it in terms of where it fits in Yello's history of stuff. Apart from The Expert (which can be heard in the TouchYello trailer thing), Out of Dawn (a slight re-edit of Distant Light from Progress and Perfection), and Part Love, and the Bostich remix, the album is very downbeat for something from Yello. It's mostly a lot of layered soundscape songs sort of like the second half of The Eye, only with more of a jazzy aspect to it as opposed to the electronic vibe typical of Blank. You can definitely identify it as a Yello album, but it feels like Blank trying to evolve and mature his sound. Personally, I think it's one of their strongest albums that isn't trying to be particularly pop-y, but opinions will likely differ. If you're looking for the kind of catchy, dancy hook-based Yello stuff, there isn't much of it here. It's more of an experiment with their sound and Meier doesn't have much in the way of vocals (though Boris Blank is central vocals on three tracks, which is a lot for a Yello album).

So, it's a good album, but sort of different.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:36 am

Judging by the previews on the mp3 purchase page, I'd say those who loved Motion Picture will love this album. I like both MP and the more upbeat albums myself.

I adore the way TY is sounding, it is so clean and moody, and I'm saying that based on highly compressed previews! Can't wait to hear the tracks in CD quality.
JonKamm

Re: 3 days post published release....

Postby JonKamm » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Fat Dumb and Happy wrote:Arrrggg!!!
Ya know, I'm an American and I want, no I deserve this CD NOW!!
I post that somewhat tongue in cheek btw except the part about wanting the CD (digipak with DVD of concert preferred).
Most of the sites I have seen actually have release date as the 10th and not the 3rd.
I've contacted 4 stores and none of them even know who Yello is. Sad.
If it was a country artist singing about redneck blues I'll bet I'd be able to find it in a KMart...but nooooo.

Waiting very inpatiently.

Touch Yello Digi-pak is available in USA at IDEAL COPY
(release date Oct 6th)
http://idealcopy.american-data.net/Merc ... 2527194851
Administrator
Fat Dumb and Happy

Thanks for the update/info

Postby Fat Dumb and Happy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:31 am

JonKamm, thanks. I went to the site and will be ordering (32 dollars!!?? I'll pay it).
How do you know its the digipak? I was under the impression the digipak had extra tracks, re-mixes?
JonKamm

Re: Thanks for the update/info

Postby JonKamm » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:52 am

Fat Dumb and Happy wrote:JonKamm, thanks. I went to the site and will be ordering (32 dollars!!?? I'll pay it).
How do you know its the digipak? I was under the impression the digipak had extra tracks, re-mixes?

No extra tracks on the digipak. Where did you hear that? Digipak has a 20 page booklet with it. I talked with Ideal Copy they said the one they are selling is the digipak.

I've dealt wit Ideal Copy before. They didn't know about the album until I told them about it about 3 weeks ago. So they got it for me. Great people to deal with.
Administrator
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:38 am

So is there a version of the album that doesn't have that 20 page booklet? :?
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Bjossi wrote:So is there a version of the album that doesn't have that 20 page booklet? :?

Yes there is a jewel case version. The digi-pak is considered the deluxe version.

btw: It appears the booklet is actually 16 pages.
Administrator
Ilya Petrov

Postby Ilya Petrov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Sorry, I didn't understand.
Are there two versions of booklets? 20 pages and 16 pages?
20 pages version (deluxe version) is only available on Amazon.de?
???? :?:
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:49 pm

No, he means that the booklet in the deluxe version is actually 16 pages, not 20.
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:28 pm

I ordered my copy from IdealCopy, still waiting for the postage))
Ilya Petrov

Postby Ilya Petrov » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:51 pm

I asked my friend in Luxembourg to order for me "Touch Yello" from Amazon.de. and she did it. So I will get my "Touch" soon...have hope.
I didn't listen preview of the album. I've just heard some parts of "The Expert" and "Out of down" of course. And music on Slices Magazine.
thanks to everybody on this site:) :)
Thron

Postby Thron » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:47 am

Received the new CD from Amazon.de last night and listened to it on my way to work this morning. It was nice to be in a traffic jam this time :lol: !

I think the new album is great! It has a very laidback, jazzy feeling and sometimes it's a bit dark...wich i like a lot.
All the guest musicians are a great addition...i love the sound of Brönners trumpet, listen to 'Vertical Vision'!!
It has been worth the waiting...hope the DVD comes out soon!
abutchart

Postby abutchart » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:08 am

Ordered the digi pack from amazon.de.
Now waiting by the door for the postman :D
Hope he does not take too long
Fat Dumb and Happy

Re: Thanks for the update/info

Postby Fat Dumb and Happy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 am

JonKamm wrote:No extra tracks on the digipak. Where did you hear that?

I was pretty sure I read about the remixes from doing a google search. Now that there is doubt, I did another search and cannot find anything about remixes for that CD.
I may wait another month to be sure. Reason being, I purchased "The Eye" right away only to learn about the digipak (which had remixes of Planet Dada) later on.
I'm also hearing about an official biography which may/may not contain previously unreleased tracks...hmmm, I need winter tires for my car but I'd happily walk to work while listening to a variation of Si Senor the Hairy Grill and The Lorry.
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:51 am

We have word now that the remix CD and Virtual Concert DVD is planned to be packaged together for a Christmas release.
Administrator

Return to “General YELLO Talk”