Anyone have the new album yet?

Talk of anything YELLO
Godley

Postby Godley » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 am

thats great news, the concert on dvd

Now my wish would be a Yello Clips dvd, with al clips on it, i ever wonder if that is still coming allong sometimes.
Its strange that a group like this never ever has released a clips dvd on the market
nwg

Postby nwg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:59 am

I have been listening to the whole album now and I like it. It has some familar music from their old stuff along with more modern like The Eye and Motion Picture.

Heidi Happy was a good choice for the female vocals.

The new Bostich is good but it is like it is on fast forward. It sounds like when I have 33rpm records on 45rpm.

Overall, it is great that Yello is still around I hope the next album isn't so long wait again.

I still want the vinyl version and according to Amazon, it is out on the 13th.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:14 am

JonKamm wrote:We have word now that the remix CD and Virtual Concert DVD is planned to be packaged together for a Christmas release.

That would be sweet. And worth buying even if I already had the regular CD version. ;)
Sense

Postby Sense » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 am

I heard that there will be a CD/DVD (incl. the movie) release for Christmas. Its from a quite trustable source ;-)
Oliver

Digipack arrived

Postby Oliver » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:12 pm

hi there!

I got the digipack version with the 16!-pages-booklet yesterday.

Well, the brass of TB gives the Yello sound a new TOUCH!!

Very remarkable on Vertical Vision, very jazzy track!

We know that BB was some kind of keen on brass from Vicious Games and Angel No over La Habanera to On The Run and beyond!

But more like a brass section.

The solo brass of TB is very delicate and intimate!

As the musical taste of BB has grown over the years, I think those of his listeners have too!! I like that development!

I like TOUCH!

ciaOliver
ciaOliver

- C'etait pas moi, c'etait l'autre! -
synaptyx

Postby synaptyx » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:41 am

Wow am I late to my favourite band's latest party! I've just ordered from amazon.de £23 which is shocking! I'll wait and see if Universal offer anything different in the UK and may end up buying that version also.

I feel I am justified in downloading a .flac torrent rip of the album to have whilst I wait the hard copy album's arrival, so am doing that now! :D
Rev. St. Syn, KSC
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:33 am

Breaking the law is not justifiable in this case. But that stuff aside, wouldn't you rather want to see the album arrive in the mail and experience the excitement of putting the CD in the tray to hear all the new stuff for the first time?
nwg

Postby nwg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:48 am

The CD was bought for me but I would have not paid what Amazon wants. However, I don't mind paying that amount of money for the vinyl. Amazon have been putting the price up. While, there might be the chance for the CD in the UK I bet the vinyl won't appear.
synaptyx

Postby synaptyx » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:15 am

Bjossi wrote:Breaking the law is not justifiable in this case.
In your opinion and thanks for sharing. Also, I'm not seeding it.
wouldn't you rather want to see the album arrive in the mail and experience the excitement of putting the CD in the tray to hear all the new stuff for the first time?
Nope! I get to listen to it now, not when it turns up in the post from Germany. The CD is only used to rip before being placed on the shelf. While I wish to have hardcopies of my music, I mostly listen to .flac rips. Waiting for the download was suspense enough. ;)
Last edited by synaptyx on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rev. St. Syn, KSC
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:30 am

I listen to a CD once or twice before ripping it to wavpack and placing in my CD collection. 8)
synaptyx

Postby synaptyx » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:34 am

I'm not sure what it is. I just don't get the same buzz from a CD turning up in the post that I used to.
Rev. St. Syn, KSC
Ilya Petrov

Postby Ilya Petrov » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 am

Finally, I've got my Touch!
This is really TOUCHY YELLO sound. Boris and Dieter definitely have a sense of humor.
I like the last seconds of "Friday Smile" it sounds like some fly or bee flew into the studio during the recording process and Boris used it.
Only Yello can juggling with the mood of song like this, so perfectly.
"Till Tomorrow" is just awesome.
I'm going to listen rest of it.... :wink:
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Of course they have a sense of humor, just listen to songs like Blender, Ocean Club or 3rd of June. ;)
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:42 am

Touch it has turned out, very successful and not usual, not to compare with previous, releases yello. :)
And as to you TILL TOMORROW, this perfection. :o
But it is small sound effects, and in what ear the mosquito buzzes or a bee till now I can not understand :D

Sorry for my bad english. :oops:
Ilya Petrov

Postby Ilya Petrov » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:43 am

Takla Makan means "go in and you will never come out" (info from Wikipedia)
It's true!!!
Should be a movie for this song. People will be hypnotized in cinema. Is "Takla Makan" in Virtual Concert? Does anybody know?

Return to “General YELLO Talk”