Anyone have the new album yet?

Talk of anything YELLO
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:10 am

Takia Makan music, can bewitch any person.
But Till Tomorrow, in my soul on always.
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:06 am

Ilya Petrov wrote: Is "Takla Makan" in Virtual Concert? Does anybody know?

No it’s not. But they played it when the show was over as people were leaving and mingling.
Julz
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:38 am

Judging by people's comments so far, Till Tomorrow is a very good song. My copy of Touch can't come soon enough. . .
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:58 am

Till Tomorrow ,Boris Blank on wrote, this fine music, in honour of memory about Michael Jackson.

But this my assumption.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:21 pm

I don't think that is possible, Jackson died just a few months ago while Touch has been in publishing stasis for much longer.
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:43 am

I haven't got my copy either. Got a reply today from IdealCopy saying that they haven't even got it in stock from Europe and not sure when this will happen. Very frustrating! I realise most people got it from somewhere. Is it Amazon.de?
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Any store within Europe should do the trick I think (like amazon.de).
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:02 am

I just had an email from IdealCopy saying they have exhausted their sources and not sure when they might be able to stock the new CD. A few weeks of waiting for nothing... a bit upsetting... :x
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:04 am

lexus7 wrote:I just had an email from IdealCopy saying they have exhausted their sources and not sure when they might be able to stock the new CD. A few weeks of waiting for nothing... a bit upsetting... :x

Do not worry, and увас there will be the Touch. :wink:
But why, all so is bad, abroad. :cry:
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:21 am

lexus7 wrote:I just had an email from IdealCopy saying they have exhausted their sources and not sure when they might be able to stock the new CD. A few weeks of waiting for nothing... a bit upsetting... :x

That really sucks man! I’ve seen a number of copies now on eBay. I would cancel the order and just order one from there.
http://music.shop.ebay.com/Music-/11233 ... =Music_CDs
Julz
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:45 pm

Cancelled the ordered and re-ordered from EBay. Fingers crossed will be more lucky this time :D Cheers
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Got the new album today and oh my is this thing worth years of waiting or what? 8)
Absolutely stunning. Rich of atmosphere (I feel like I'm sitting in a dusty corner of a lounge), sound quality is incredible (this is a no brainer since it is a Yello album ;) ).

By the way, some aspects of the album I'm not so happy with:
1. I think The Expert deserves to be a bit longer towards the end, felt like it ended too quickly after we stopped hearing Dieter's vocals. Simply looping the female 'ah' segment once would maybe have worked good to prepare us for track 2 better which is much more laid back.

2. What is a Bostich remix doing in the newest masterpiece of our favorite band? I read somewhere that Boris made dozens of demos, so why did he reuse old material (from the early 1980s no less) instead of developing one of those demos to a full fledged track to sit in track 4's seat?

3. Still on the subject of Bostich (Reflected), the first minute of the song is simply epic, the way the power builds up (reminds me of Blender), but the problem I have with this one is that the rest of the track has absolutely nothing to do with that intro whatsoever. To my ears, what I had been prepared for until 1:00 was quickly shattered when the intro suddenly vanished at around 1:00 and Bostich started. In my opinion Boris should have ditched Bostich, kept the intro and developed the track to reflect that awesomeness, like what Blender did.
Though I will say that Bostich (Reflected) had a very cool outro. ;)

4. Tangier Blue and Stay need to be longer!

There are far too many positive things to list so I'll leave it at that; AMAZING album with a few minor shortcomings. ;)
nwg

Postby nwg » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 am

I am happy with the CD but I really want the vinyl version but it keeps getting delayed (Dec 4th now) and the price keeps going up.
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:22 pm

nwg wrote:I am happy with the CD but I really want the vinyl version but it keeps getting delayed (Dec 4th now) and the price keeps going up.

Awe man! It was just pushed back to middle of Nov about 2 weeks ago! That sucks...
Julz
synaptyx

Postby synaptyx » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 pm

My CD still hasn't arrived. :/

*edit.

Looks like my order didn't go through! :( I've ordered it again. Yello have fans all over the world, so why stagger the release and not give any clue as to when us UK/US/Aus, etc fans will get it locally?
Rev. St. Syn, KSC

Return to “General YELLO Talk”