Yello albums have different style of music?

Talk of anything YELLO
Dreamer

Yello albums have different style of music?

Postby Dreamer » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:02 am

Okay,

I have these Yello albums:

80-85 mix
Flag
Baby
The Eye

I like first 3 on that list. But "The Eye" sounds completely different! It's much worse than other albums (well, at least when I first heard it). If I didn't know, I wouldn't be able to tell it is Yello.

Now, did Yello change their music style at some point? Are all albums after "Baby" same kind like "The Eye"? I hope not.
Spirit

Postby Spirit » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:52 am

Zebra (Maybe not so much), Pocket Universe and Motion Picture give a better transition between Baby and The Eye, being quite used to Pocket Universe I like how The Eye reflects on their music history.
ZoMokrowick

Postby ZoMokrowick » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:47 pm

Dude! It's a shame that you haven't been forwarned, you should order your YELLO albums appropriately! I mean, first you should get some collection, either Essential or some other, to find out that YELLO songs may radically differ from each other. Jingle Bells and Celsius immediately come to mind. :wink: But then again, didn't you noticed on Flag that there's a HUGE difference between BLAZING SADDLES and ALHAMBRA? I hope you did.
But yeah, their style was shaped when Zebra came out - a soft synth music with cool variations of it. (Which was ruined by Pocket Universe though.)
Those folks are pure geniuses. They operate with ALL the styles, from hard-core techno to orchestral symphony, bringing their unique YELLOness into each song. There you go.

SEVA.

Return to “General YELLO Talk”