Page 1 of 2

Favorite Member

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:29 pm
by julz
Who's your favorite?

favorite member?

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:16 pm
by laurens
Unfair!, how can you stack one against the other?? Of course I love Boris! Of course I love Dieter too! they are inter-connected, the ying and Yello of our favorite band! I admire Boris' ability to paint vivid images with sound!, and I'm in awe of Dieter's vision and ability to create total sesory experiences thriugh his lyrics. When I looked up, Miss Baker had gone! it's cinematic, and even the totally blind wouldn't miss a thing!!

Absolute brillience. My favorite member is YELLO!

Re: favorite member?

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:56 pm
by julz
Yes I agree to some degree but it seems people like one or the other the best. Some people collect anything Dieter. Which to me isn't as big of a deal as items that boris had his hands on. So I think you can still choose but for some people obviously will be hard.

laurens wrote:Unfair!, how can you stack one against the other?? Of course I love Boris! Of course I love Dieter too! they are inter-connected, the ying and Yello of our favorite band! I admire Boris' ability to paint vivid images with sound!, and I'm in awe of Dieter's vision and ability to create total sesory experiences thriugh his lyrics. When I looked up, Miss Baker had gone! it's cinematic, and even the totally blind wouldn't miss a thing!!

Absolute brillience. My favorite member is YELLO!

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:09 pm
by Max Smily
I can not answer to this question!

I have seen an interview with Yello at a Berlin local TV-Channel.

Dieter and Boris spoke about their style to work. Boris part of all the work is about 95%. Then on a sunny day comes Dieter and sing some vocals and write some lyrics - the other 5%. But in this time a "fight" develops. Dieter brings some chaos in Boris sound-buildings. Boris does not like interference. But this is important for the music of Yello.

As they was asked who is winning in this Working-Fight, Dieter answerd: "Yello wins".

And thats true!

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:32 pm
by julz
I can't believe you people wont answer this question :P !

Well from the looks of the result looks like Boris Won.

HA ha

funny

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:48 am
by julz
funny now it's even :)

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:01 pm
by adelka
hmmm............ I wonder if it's possible to answer this question at all. Favourite to what criterion?? They do absolutely different job, never crossing their ways. Well, i guess it's only possible to answer such question if the subject is some "boy-band" or "girl-band". (An example: "Ah, my favourite one is X, he is the cuttest boy in the world!" -- "I looove Z, she is so hot and sexy"). If you mean THAT criterion (hardly but who knows :P ), which is the only way to answer this question, I definitely choose Boris :wink:

cheeeeeeers,
Adelka

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:02 pm
by laurens
If I were to choose based upon looks, and were attracted to men, I would choose a young Boris or the current Dieter, he has aged very well, where Boris has added a couple of coils of midicable to his midriff!

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:29 pm
by Max Smily
I feel with Boris. Introverted perfectionist - like me. He converts 1000 hours of work into 1 second of feeling. And he needs a catalyst like Dieter to increase this ratio.

Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:51 am
by laurens
I finally succumed to voting for Dieter, as: 1) the votes were 6 to 5 in favor of Herr Blank and the score had to be tied!!!:twisted:!!!!, und Zwei,Henrich, it must be the extroverted nature of Dieter that is apealing. in fact, you don't see or hear from Boris often :roll:{where is he, have you seen him?}, thus it is difficult to create a preference to him over Dieter. I AM NOT SAYING THAT BORIS IS NOT TALLENTED!!!!!!! :!: :!:

Posted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:40 am
by marko
boris is the man i can not think of any artist i like because i like their voice it is the music that gets me.

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:12 am
by Dreamer
Haha, now poll is uneven! I voted for Dieter, I assume he is the guy with really low voice in "Flag" album? I like that voice...

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:09 am
by MisterClaudeFr33
:!: Both !

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:22 pm
by lexus7
I gave my vote to Dieter, simply because Yello would not be the same without his voice, his tone of voice gives Yello music this original magnetism making you listen it again and again!!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 am
by Bjossi
I vote Dieter. Of course there would be no Yello without Boris, but Dieter's powerful moustache, very low voice and his status as the coolest rich man currently alive just can't escape my attention. This is one of the reason why I think The Eye could have been better, it needs more Dieter!