Dieter's New Restaurant

Latest news of new music, albums, remixes and YELLO projects
JonKamm

Dieter's New Restaurant

Postby JonKamm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:24 am

Last edited by JonKamm on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator
svensyntetics

Postby svensyntetics » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 am

I don't like it, that Mr. Meier talk like Yello is past...
www.myspace.com/svensyntetics

supercool, supercool
are you supercool?
no, you're not supercool
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 am

Would be great if someone wrote an English translation of the speech in the video, or at least the interesting bits. :)
svensyntetics

Postby svensyntetics » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 am

It is mainly about his Restaurant in Zürich which is a Steakhouse. The Beef is from his Farm in Argentinia. He say it was not easy to become a biofarmer, it was a process of learnig. He say you aren't allowed to use antibiotica and you must use chinese medcine, but mainly it is about that Animals should not get ill and this something you can just recive by breed and by therapy to increase resistance. He say that you have to give a restaurant personality and this is something the old owners did not do and fail. The Restaurant is a success, for the next month (whenever it was) there are 700 bookings. He say was no esay to make such a start from zero to hundred, normaly you just grow step by step. About Yello he say that today Yello will not be possible because of Radio and today they will never play Yello, what they do in the past.
Just a Shortcut.

supercool, supercool

are you supercool?

no, you're not supercool
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm happy for him that he has a restaurant ready to roll. But the Yello piece saddens me, when it comes to new music radio never delivers anything else but crap 24 hours a day, I'd not even expect high quality music like Yello's to ever sink that low.

Boris and Dieter could always change the scope of their work to be more artistic than financial, like releasing future work as downloads rather than albums (of course they would be lossless), this would eliminate publishing costs completely and in turn give people all over the world a quick and easy way to check out their music.
svensyntetics

Postby svensyntetics » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:20 am

@Bjossi
I agree with you. And i think to publish new Music online is a must. BUT there was another Interview with Dieter where he say: When you ask him he would give away Yellos music online for free, but this is not possible. I could imagine that it is about contractal obligations. Many artists are not able to release new music because of that. I hope this is not the case with Yello. I hope it is just because Boris gets more and more a perfectionist and that is why it takes so long.

supercool, supercool

are you supercool?

no, you're not supercool
The Slaught

Postby The Slaught » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:04 am

i hope that biofarmers deny all these chainsaws, pikes and sledgehammers in favour of some harnless electric euthanasia.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:44 pm

svensyntetics wrote:@Bjossi
I agree with you. And i think to publish new Music online is a must. BUT there was another Interview with Dieter where he say: When you ask him he would give away Yellos music online for free, but this is not possible. I could imagine that it is about contractal obligations. Many artists are not able to release new music because of that. I hope this is not the case with Yello. I hope it is just because Boris gets more and more a perfectionist and that is why it takes so long.

I think Dieter can get away with saying that because he is a rich man, I don't know about Boris but he probably wants to get some income from selling his work.

But yeah, it is terrible that publishers keep the artists they publish for pretty much in chains. I bet if artists had full freedom they would within a heartbeat set up their own web shops and offer all their discography in both lossy (fx. mp3 and vorbis), and lossless (fx. flac and wavpack) for a small per-track fee and even have available for free download album covers, backsides, CD art, etc. so the fans can create their own physical collection if they got the hardware handy.

The digital age has created such a great potential for a fun experience for both artists and fans, which is very unfortunately being restricted due to legal mumbo jumbo.
jaykeys

Postby jaykeys » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:05 pm

All they had to do is founding their own label. There are lots of musicians who did that ... only because of the circumstances that music industry offers.

Non taken, but it's all about earning money. IMHO Yello is VERY conscious about what they do and when. :roll:

Again: this is not the way to deal with fans.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:52 pm

If it was all about earning money, Flag would have been Yello's final album. ;)
JJ Naas

Postby JJ Naas » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm

svensyntetics wrote:I don't like it, that Mr. Meier talk like Yello is past...

Nah, this is just a continuation of the same business he's been working on for over ten years, which started when he bought land in Argentina to build his organic farm. I saw him being interviewed interview in EuroNews channel five years ago, and between telling about his organic food business, he also took the film crew to a studio in his apartment and showed no lack of passion for keeping on making music as well.

Return to “Latest YELLO News”