different TOUCH tracklist

Latest news of new music, albums, remixes and YELLO projects
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Bjossi wrote:
JonKamm wrote:I've been buying, selling, trading music online all over the world for many years now. If the only way you can get a certain track is by getting someone to share the electronic file with you that is not pirating. If you could buy the CD or LP you would. Nobody is out any money. Pirating is a premeditated act. You purposefully steal the files simply to resell and make money or to save yourself the money. Most of the people who buy Yello music are fans and most fans buy the CDs and the LPs.

These are good points. But I have often wondered about the whole data stealing; I mean, a person who downloads copyrighted songs isn't causing any harm because it doesn't cost any money to duplicate the data, so no stores or labels are harmed in any way. It is however illegal so one better not get caught with his pants down. :P

I buy all my music when possible, but in rare cases the items I want are either literally nowhere to be found, Amazon, eBay, you name it, or they are outrageously expensive. I live in a tiny country with a tiny selection (there is pretty much only mainstream stuff here) so I frequently have to buy online to get the albums I want, Yello being one of them.

JonKamm wrote:In your scenario if you are in a country where standards make it a pain to buy music then the record companies were never expecting to make money from you. They expect the people that the music is available to to buy the music.

Isn't it the stores that decide to buy shipments of this or that item from the record labels? At least that is how it works in the video game industry, when you buy video games you are supporting the store, not the developer or the publisher, you are simply helping to encourage the store to buy another shipment. Pretty much indirect support, but support nevertheless.

They also never talk about reselling on eBay or auction sites as being illegal but technically the only one that makes money off that sale is you the seller. The artist and record companies don't see a dime. Its a major grey area.
Administrator
nwg

Postby nwg » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Has anyone found it for sale in the UK?

I have only found it on Amazon Germany so far. I want the vinyl but the CD price is way too much (nearly £20) on there.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

It isn't for sale anywhere until October 2nd. What you are seeing are pre-order offers. I agree that the base price is way too expensive though.
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:29 am

On 2nd of October will be only, the disk presentation in sale will arrive, where that on s10 th of October and the price will be no more than 18$

:wink:
nwg

Postby nwg » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:19 am

I know it is out on Oct 2nd but surely places should have it for preorder just like other CD's. Even Amazon.co.uk doesn't have it.

I suspect this album won't be for sale at many places as if I say Yello, most people haven't got a clue who I have talking about.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:43 am

They are trying to promote it at least, with the Touch virtual stage performance and all. It is just a matter of time before it will be on Amazon.co.uk I bet.
darkmode

Postby darkmode » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:45 am

nwg wrote:I know it is out on Oct 2nd but surely places should have it for preorder just like other CD's. Even Amazon.co.uk doesn't have it.

I suspect this album won't be for sale at many places as if I say Yello, most people haven't got a clue who I have talking about.

you can order a copy of Touch Yello from this site I have ordered my copy as there is no release date for the UK as Univeral UK have not decided that they want to distrubte the album in the UK or not!

http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/yello/touch_yello/
"All you need is a good ear for music"
puffinrandy

Postby puffinrandy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Hey folks... was just on the Amazon Germany page and found the mp3 page for Touchyello. While you can't download the songs yet you can listen to the previews of the songs. What I heard sounds pretty good.

If any of you are interested in being teased here's the link

http://www.amazon.de/Touch-Yello/dp/B00 ... ef=mb_oe_o
He's just this guy... you know
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:57 pm

I didn't want to listen to the previews but instead hear most of the new material for the first time on the CD itself.
Boy was I being unrealistic. . .

From the previews this album reminds me of Motion Picture; not many dancy or energetic tracks but the fantastic sound and vocals more than makes up for it.

(Motion Picture is one of my favorites 8))
puffinrandy

Postby puffinrandy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:27 pm

For those of you in the US. I found that Tower.com has a pre-order for Touch Yello at $22.95 for CD and $23.95 for the vinyl (2lp).
That's a heck of a lot better than ordering from Amazon Germany... when you add the shipping charges (for Amazon.de) it turns out to be something like $43.00. Actually the shipping cost more than the CD.

I'm just wondering how quickly Tower will get it to me.
He's just this guy... you know
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:41 pm

puffinrandy wrote:For those of you in the US. I found that Tower.com has a pre-order for Touch Yello at $22.95 for CD and $23.95 for the vinyl (2lp).
That's a heck of a lot better than ordering from Amazon Germany... when you add the shipping charges (for Amazon.de) it turns out to be something like $43.00. Actually the shipping cost more than the CD.

I'm just wondering how quickly Tower will get it to me.

I was told by Tower Records that their CD is not the Deluxe 6 panel Digipak version with the 20 page booklet. It's the regular jewel case version. And Tower Records is not in the United States it has 3 locations Mexico, Ireland and Japan. If you want to buy in the US then IDEAL COPY is the place to buy. You can pre-order for the scheduled release date of Oct 6th in the US. Price is $31.99 for the deluxe 6 panel digipak with 20 page booklet. They told me as they find more sources for the import it should bring the price down before the release date.

Ideal Copy
http://idealcopy.american-data.net/Merc ... 2527194851
Administrator
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:22 am

puffinrandy wrote:Hey folks... was just on the Amazon Germany page and found the mp3 page for Touchyello. While you can't download the songs yet you can listen to the previews of the songs. What I heard sounds pretty good.

If any of you are interested in being teased here's the link

http://www.amazon.de/Touch-Yello/dp/B00 ... ef=mb_oe_o

I have resisted did not become, to listen to tracks it is similarity of the interrupted sex
:wink:

thanks for the information
8)
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Just checked the preview from MP3. Sounds really cool, a lot of jazzy moody tracks, and a mysterious 8 minute track at the end. Very promising. Also waiting for my copy of Slices DVD... so exciting to have all these Yello releases coming. :D

Return to “Latest YELLO News”