different TOUCH tracklist

Latest news of new music, albums, remixes and YELLO projects
Ilya Petrov

different TOUCH tracklist

Postby Ilya Petrov » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:58 pm

I've seen a TOUCH tracklist and there're 14 tracks and it's different from the tracklist on JONAS WARSTAD site.
There're no tracks like "Scorpio Rising" and "When Love", but it contains track "Kiss in Blue". And the CD number is 0602527194851.
1. The Expert.
2. You Better Hide
3. Out of Down.
4. Bostich (reflected)
5. ...

Does anybody know about it???
check it out here
http://www.universal-music.de/yello/det ... uch-yello/
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Administrator
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Compared to The Eye, the track lengths on the Universal version of the track list are pretty short. It smells kind of fishy to me.
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm wondering if maybe the vinyl LP has a slightly different track list then the CD. This would make more people buy the vinyl and possibly more new tracks.
Interesting. Fingers crossed.
Administrator
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Personally I would not be happy with that scenario. Under-serving leads to piracy, not an increase in sales. I for one would rather download exclusive tracks ripped by others rather than spending money on a vinyl record and a player for it in addition to the CD version just to get the "full" track list of Touch Yello. It is insanely expensive enough to import the CD alone.

Whatever the reason might be for such a move, it would most certainly not be lack of space on the CD, at least if Universal's report of rather disappointing track lengths is true.
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Bjossi wrote:Personally I would not be happy with that scenario. Under-serving leads to piracy, not an increase in sales. I for one would rather download exclusive tracks ripped by others rather than spending money on a vinyl record and a player for it in addition to the CD version just to get the "full" track list of Touch Yello. It is insanely expensive enough to import the CD alone.

Whatever the reason might be for such a move, it would most certainly not be lack of space on the CD, at least if Universal's report of rather disappointing track lengths is true.

You are either a pirate or you are not. Nobody makes you one. As a collector I would want the album because it is different even if I didn't have a turntable. Makes a nice framable piece of art.

Where do you live that you have to pay extra for an import?
Administrator
Ilya Petrov

Postby Ilya Petrov » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:05 am

I wouldn't say that track lengths is small. Anyway, It doesn't matter. We are fans! We are not critics!
I'm disappointed that some Yello's material like Yello documentary or Dieter's "Lightmaker" are not accessible. And Yello documentary is not even on English. Recently I've watched "Zwischensaison" with Dieter Meier. It's just interesting to see stuff like this.
The appearance of the new album should have some intrigue.

:D
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:01 am

JonKamm wrote:You are either a pirate or you are not. Nobody makes you one. As a collector I would want the album because it is different even if I didn't have a turntable. Makes a nice framable piece of art.

Where do you live that you have to pay extra for an import?

What makes you think that? Everyone has their own reasons to be pirates, no one is born that way. For example one reason might be peculiar country standards that makes it a pain to buy media, especially importing it.

As for location, look in my profile. In addition to the base cost and shipping costs I have to pay a toll for importing anything into the country, that toll can sometimes be higher than what I paid for the item itself (unlikely in this case though, at least if I pay 15+ euros for the CD). Buying Touch Yello could end up costing me over 5000 kr., the average price of a CD bought in a store here is around 2000 - 2500 kr.

By the way, to each their own about the art. I buy music to listen to it, not look at it. Of course it is eyecandy to have album art, but I'd like to be able to enjoy both the audible and visual sides, the former having a higher priority though. :)

Ilya Petrov wrote:I wouldn't say that track lengths is small. Anyway, It doesn't matter. We are fans! We are not critics!

I can be disappointed in the artists I like if they don't live up to their past work with the new work in my opinion. It would be reasonable if Boris had many of the tracks so short for their own good (in other words they didn't need to be longer to get the message across).

I simply see Boris as an amazingly talented artist. If anyone can keep a track interesting for 5+ minutes, it is him (although imo in some cases he let some tracks go on for too long, like Time Freeze). So I would be a little disappointed if he went the short but sweet path rather than long and epic. Of course I have yet to buy and listen to the new album, but I worry that I will get the impression that he can do better. :-/
Time knows.
Last edited by Bjossi on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cryptowen

Postby Cryptowen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:19 am

Maybe they just decided to do some last minute track renaming/shuffling, & the content is actually the same. And that album length looks to be at least 50 minutes, which in my opinion is just right for most cds.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:55 am

If I counted right it is exactly 55 minutes. Takla Makan bumps up the length quite a bit. The length alone of that song is actually making me very curious, could be an epic ending track to an epic album. :)
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:13 am

I heard from Yello Office and the Official track list is the one at Universal. 14 tracks.

Confirmed Official Track List:

1. The Expert - 02:55
2. You Better Hide - 04:15
3. Out Of Dawn - 03:13
4. Bostich (Reflected) - 03:57
5. Till Tomorrow - 04:17
6. Tangier Blue - 02:42
7. Part Love - 03:42
8. Friday Smile - 03:36
9. Kiss In Blue - 03:34
10. Vertical Vision - 04:18
11. Trackless Deep - 03:20
12. Stay - 03:02
13. Electric Frame - 03:36
14. Takla Makan - 08:33
Administrator
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:20 am

Thanks for the information. It is a sexy track list, can't deny that. :)
But this makes me wonder, where did the other version of the track list originate from?
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:50 am

Bjossi wrote:What makes you think that? Everyone has their own reasons to be pirates, no one is born that way. For example one reason might be peculiar country standards that makes it a pain to buy media, especially importing it.

I've been buying, selling, trading music online all over the world for many years now. If the only way you can get a certain track is by getting someone to share the electronic file with you that is not pirating. If you could buy the CD or LP you would. Nobody is out any money. Pirating is a premeditated act. You purposefully steal the files simply to resell and make money or to save yourself the money. Most of the people who buy Yello music are fans and most fans buy the CDs and the LPs.

In your scenario if you are in a country where standards make it a pain to buy music then the record companies were never expecting to make money from you. They expect the people that the music is available to to buy the music. If you are a good person and the music is easily available to you you are going to buy the CD. Good people know its wrong not to pay. Bad people don't care. Everything we do in life we choose to do ourselves. No person or thing makes us do them.
Administrator
zaz965

YELLO

Postby zaz965 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 am

To piracy of no, only the licence. As it is possible to buy a piracy disk, pigs curves, music is written down not qualitatively, the insert is made of a toilet paper. Only the licence and not than that is more. 8)

(Avaricious, pays twice) :shock:
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:52 am

JonKamm wrote:I've been buying, selling, trading music online all over the world for many years now. If the only way you can get a certain track is by getting someone to share the electronic file with you that is not pirating. If you could buy the CD or LP you would. Nobody is out any money. Pirating is a premeditated act. You purposefully steal the files simply to resell and make money or to save yourself the money. Most of the people who buy Yello music are fans and most fans buy the CDs and the LPs.

These are good points. But I have often wondered about the whole data stealing; I mean, a person who downloads copyrighted songs isn't causing any harm because it doesn't cost any money to duplicate the data, so no stores or labels are harmed in any way. It is however illegal so one better not get caught with his pants down. :P

I buy all my music when possible, but in rare cases the items I want are either literally nowhere to be found, Amazon, eBay, you name it, or they are outrageously expensive. I live in a tiny country with a tiny selection (there is pretty much only mainstream stuff here) so I frequently have to buy online to get the albums I want, Yello being one of them.

JonKamm wrote:In your scenario if you are in a country where standards make it a pain to buy music then the record companies were never expecting to make money from you. They expect the people that the music is available to to buy the music.

Isn't it the stores that decide to buy shipments of this or that item from the record labels? At least that is how it works in the video game industry, when you buy video games you are supporting the store, not the developer or the publisher, you are simply helping to encourage the store to buy another shipment. Pretty much indirect support, but support nevertheless.

Return to “Latest YELLO News”