Jewel Case vs Digi-pak

Latest news of new music, albums, remixes and YELLO projects
JonKamm

Jewel Case vs Digi-pak

Postby JonKamm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:06 pm

There was a lot of confusion over the jewel case and digi-pak versions of the Touch Yello album. Ideal Copy was nice enough to explain the differences.

------------------------

Hi Jonathan - just thought you might want to know that we are getting both packaging formats of the new Yello CD. Both the jewel case and the digipack have the same contents (tracks, booklet, artwork). The digipack is no more deluxe than the jewelcase, just different packaging.

The jewel booklet has 10 two-sided pages, so 20 pages. The digi booklet has 8 two-sided pages, so 16 pages, plus the 6 panel digi-pak foldout. Minus out the front and back cover (which both editions obviously share) and you're left with 4 extra panels/pages. 16+4 = 20

, Jonathan
Administrator
nwg

Postby nwg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 am

I will always prefer jewel cases due to digipaks getting ruined over time. I am always seeing digipaks scuffed up and falling apart in shops due to people handling them.
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 pm

nwg wrote:I will always prefer jewel cases due to digipaks getting ruined over time. I am always seeing digipaks scuffed up and falling apart in shops due to people handling them.

When I buy a CD I always import it to my computer and burn CDs as I need them. The original stays safely tucked away on the shelf and is rarely used. I have several empty jewel cases laying around so a quick scan of the artwork and I can make my own jewel case version.

Wether you like either format it's just nice that we have options.
Administrator
zaz965

yello

Postby zaz965 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 am

hello

In Russia sale, Touch, manufactures UNIVERSAL but without the booklet, quality of record super and packing original has begun.

I in delight from Touch yello, competent music, and there is nothing not comparable

As long we waited and have waited.
:wink:

Return to “Latest YELLO News”